Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ann Arbor Thanksgiving

We arrived home late last night from a fun-filled Thanksgiving in Ann Arbor. We visited my dad, grandmother, aunt and uncle, along with a few family friends who knew me when I was a baby (I was born and lived there until I was 2). We got to stay at my dad's new condo, checked out the local farmer's market, and even hit the town one night to meet up with Dylan's college friend, Hugh. It was lots of fun to spend time with Trevor and Liz who flew in from NYC - I don't get to see my brother enough! Here are some photos from Thanksgiving day of the cooking and eating that took place at dad's house.

Dana and dad, getting ready to carve the turkey:

The 20 lb. free range turkey that dad brined on Wednesday night:

Talented gravy-makers, Dylan and Liz, hard at work in the kitchen:

Dinner (turkey, gravy, grilled root veggies, spinach/cherry/goat cheese salad, cranberry sauce):

And the classic Vaughn chocolate pie for dessert (with my added touch of fresh raspberries):

No comments: