Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mustard Mahi Mahi and Spicy Peanut Tofu

Dylan has been the master chef of a few yummy dinners recently. I had a bad cold last week, so was not very much help in the kitchen. It was kind of fun to not be a part of the prep, but to get to enjoy the meal - I think I got spoiled. First was Mustard Mahi Mahi, a delicious broiled mahi topped with a mustardy cream sauce that I think contained Dijon mustard and creme fraiche, maybe some lemon. It was really excellent, and only took a few minutes to prep:


A few nights later was pan-fried tofu with spicy peanut chili sauce. The tofu was nice and crisp on the outside, soft on the inside and the sauce was very spicy. Knocked that cold right out of me, I think! The sweet potato fries were fun as a side dish, based a great recipe we found on the web.


It looks like the only veggie we eat is broccoli! That's not true - we have some killer bok choy in the crisper drawer of our fridge, ready to be devoured tomorrow night.

No comments: